Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, June 16, 2014

9 More Days!

Oh boy!  It's just 9 more days to my long awaited trip!  I've been too busy at work to update my travelling plans since the first blog post in February, but I've been religiously researching on cool places to visit and planning my itinerary.  I should say it's pretty much set by now, still subject to minor changes, weather dependent.

Here's how my 12-day itinerary looks like in a gist!

Day 1 (26 June)
- Departure to Melbourne on SQ237

Day 2 (27 June)
- Arrival in Melbourne
- Visit to Craft & Quilt Fair
- City Sightseeing, Dinner and Shopping

Day 3 (28 June)
- Breakfast and shopping at Queen Victoria Market
- Lunch and Shopping at The Rose St. Artists’ Market
- Shopping at Smith Street & Gertrude Street
- Shopping at The Lost Weekend Vintage Market 
- Dinner at Lygon Street
 
Day 4 (29 June) 
- Day trip to Dandenong Ranges

Day 5 (30 June)
- Visit to Museums (Hellenic Musuem/Chinese Museum/Old Treasury Building/Melbourne Museum)
- Visit to the Carlton Gardens

Day 6 (1 July)
- Day tour to Ballarat (Sovereign Hill and Wildlife Park)

Day 7 (2 July)
Visit to art galleries (Australian Centre for Contemporary Art/National Gallery of Victoria/The Ian Potter Centre/Australian Centre for the Moving Image/Centre for Contemporary Photography)

Day 8 (3 July)
- Visit to St Kilda Beach/Esplanade
- Visit to Linden Centre for Contemporary Arts
- Visit to Royal Botanic Gardens 
- Visit to Shrine of Remembrance    
- Sightseeing at Docklands
- Shopping and dinner at Harbourtown 

Day 9 (4 July)
- Day tour to Puffing Billy, Yarra Valley and Healesville Sanctuary

Day 10 (5 July)
Shopping and lunch at Northern Regards Artisan Market 
Les Miserables Musical 
Shopping and dinner at city laneways

 Day 11 (6 July)
- Shopping and lunch at St Kilda Esplanade Market 
- Shopping at The Arts Centre Sunday Market 
- Departure to Singapore on SQ208 

Day 12 (7 July)
- Arrival in Singapore 

So exciting huh?  The priority of this trip focuses on the arts and crafts and I've tried my best to slot in visits to art galleries, museums and craft markets/fairs to the best of my ability.  And not forgetting the long awaited Les Miserables Musical!  I just can't wait to come face to face with my favourite musical again, after a long wait of 20 years!

In addition, I'll be catching up with my old friend Hwee, whom I've not met for more than 8 years, after she moved to Melbourne.  We are going to spend a few fun days of chatting, shopping and good coffee and food together!

No comments:

Post a Comment