Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, June 27, 2014

Melbourne Day 1 - 27 June 2014

I arrived safely in Melbourne at 9.15am this morning. It was a cold winter morning at 10 degrees with strong winds expected...grrrrrrrrr! Such a huge contrast from Singapore at 32 degrees yesterday. 

Hannah picked me up at Southern Cross station's Skybus depot, where we took a short tram ride back to Southbank to drop my luggage. Thereafter, my adventure for the day started!  

The first stop for my itinerary was the Craft & Quilt Fair at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, which was just a short stroll away. I arranged to meet Hwee there, a good friend whom I've not met for more than 8 years! It's such a great & thrilling feeling to be catching up with old friends during my vacation! What's more, I just found out that she's also an avid crafter like me!

Boy! It was truly an eye opener. This is my first time visiting a craft exhibition and I was in awe of all the beautiful quilts and craft ideas on display! It was more fantastic than what I had imagined! I think this would probably be my best takeaway for the trip!








My damage at the fair are these cute kits & patterns!


We left the exhibition at 3.30pm and headed to Swanston Street for the famous Brunetti. Check out the yummy desserts we had!


I took the liberty to introduce both my good friends to each other as they are both true blue Singaporeans staying in Melbourne and wouldn't mind getting to know each other! We had a good time catching up with each other and headed to the Taiwan Cafe near Bourke Street for authentic Taiwanese food. 

Till my next blogging tomorrow!  I will be visiting the Rose Street Artist Market and doing some shopping at Queen Victoria Market and Smith Street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment