Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

One Day More!

Yes, it's just one day more (humming to the tune of "One Day More" in Les Miz, but this is one day more to my well-deserved holiday and not to the French Revolution :P)!  It seemed so far away when I first started planning for this trip, but now it feels so surreal as I'm leaving for Melbourne tomorrow.

Praise God for this holiday and making it possible for me to leave Singapore, without having to worry about my kids as they are in the good hands of my loving family.  Well, this is a lie, because a mother can never leave town on her own without a feeling of guilt!  :(

Not only has God fulfilled my heart's desire to watch Les Miz again, He has planned this trip to coincide with many other arts & crafts events in Melbourne, which I'll not be able to experience here in Singapore.

The one event that I'm really looking forward to is the Craft & Quilt Fair which is taking place at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from 26 - 29 June.  The best part is, the location is just behind where I'm lodging.  I've always seen awesome quilt fairs in the USA, Europe and Australia online and always looking forward to attending one.  However, there is almost a zero chance for Singapore to have a craft or quilt event of this nature.  Therefore, I will not give this a miss as I've never been to one.  Can't wait to see the awesome craft ideas and gorgeous quilts that will be on display at the show and attend workshops conducted by the experienced quilters!

In addition, I also found out that there will be a world premiere of DreamWorks Animation at the Australian Centre of the Moving Image (ACMI), featuring many never-before-seen concept drawings, interviews, models and original artworks and interactive experiences.  This would be another great exhibition not to be missed!

Not forgetting many other famous contemporary art galleries that I will be visiting such as the National Gallery of Victoria, Australian Centre for Contemporary Art and the Centre for Contemporary Photography.  What an arts-tronomy trip!

To remind myself that this trip is for real, here's a screenshot of my boarding pass!


Now, time to do some packing as I've not found the time to do so over the past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment